Sunday, April 25, 2010

What's the nicest gift you ever received by redeeming coupons/stamps/proof of purchase etc.?

Hi, blu. The nicest gift was when I was 12-years-old and the S%26amp;H Green Stamp store had a wallet, a little change purse, and a key case -- all the same color and I wanted that set so badly. So, for doing extra chores around the house, I eared S%26amp;H Green Stamps from my mom. I remember I needed two full books and it took me almost a year, but I eventually had enough and got my wallet, etc. I chose the hot pink color but could have gotten lime green or sky blue. The plastic smelled the way plastic does when it has been recycled, and I still get a warm fuzzy feeling when I smell that type of plastic, remembering my wallet set. Thanks for a fun memory.What's the nicest gift you ever received by redeeming coupons/stamps/proof of purchase etc.?
Thanks for BA. You received some great answers and it was fun reading them. You do have interesting questions that seem to bring back wonderful memories, or I find myself realizing what a thought provoking question -- it's great! Janet Report Abuse
What's the nicest gift you ever received by redeeming coupons/stamps/proof of purchase etc.?
Well, one of my grandsons once gave my hubby and I a coupon book that he made that had coupons we could redeem to have chores done around the house. He had one for cleaning the garage, raking leaves, mowing the year, etc. He would have done it anyway, but it was just so sweet that he came up with an idea like this for a gift.
I heard my ex sister-in-law was feeding her new baby from a walker. . . so I redeemed coupons for a high chair for her. (years ago). . the last thing I received was 3 cereal bowls, all shaped like racing cars for the grandkids !! I love freebies like this. All you have to do is buy cereal and save the box tops. Oh. . and pay the shipping. . . a minimal amount !
When I was a teen we went to the S %26amp; H Green Stamp Redemption center and selected a ceramic Siamese cat lamp, the light came from the eyes. Gave it to someone who admired it about 15 years later. Saw several at a local flea market a few years ago and it brought back memories.
Several years ago, in an 18 month period, from money I saved by redeeming coupons and sending proof of purchase for refunds, I had saved enough to buy myself a full length racoon coat. I always refer to it as my coupon coat.
With those green stamps my Mom %26amp; I went to the redemption center this particular Saturday morning %26amp; she said to me pick out what you want this time I picked out a pink blanket it's one of my fondest memories
We used to save the coupons from Raleigh cigarettes back when we smoked. We turned the coupons in on a new iron.
A corning wear dutch oven with green stamps many, many years ago. We use it every thanksgiving for dressing and fix our pot roasts in it also.
It was a wicker picnic hamper complete with matching china dishes, glasses, cutlery and napkins that also matched. We still use it.





Beulah
I remember the Texas god Stamps just get Towels and with the S%26amp; H glasses


the good old days wen a gallon of milk was 59 cents
Back in the 60's I got a canister vacuum with Eagle stamps. I still use it in the garage.
I am with Patti, give me those green stamps. lol
a big Hug coupon from my handicapped great niece

No comments:

Post a Comment