Sunday, April 25, 2010

Can I use coupons for items i didn't buy, and still get the discount? For example, if I buy stouffers?

french bread pizza and have a coupon for stouffers corner bistro and give the checkout person the coupon for corner bistro coupon, will the scanner know I only bought pizza or will it just scan and deduct the coupon savings? What I'm asking is when I go shopping can I just hand the cahsier a bunch of coupons, even tho I didn't buy the items I'm giving the coupons for and hope to get money off my bill.Can I use coupons for items i didn't buy, and still get the discount? For example, if I buy stouffers?
You can't do that anymore. Back before the computerized cash registers with the bar code readers you could. The checker would have to search through the already sacked bags to make sure you bought the right product. Now the computer knows by the bar code if you bought the right product. Sorry, it doesn't work anymore. You could also slide in additional coupons for the same product, too. Those days are gone.Can I use coupons for items i didn't buy, and still get the discount? For example, if I buy stouffers?
Robert's right, the scanner will know immediately that you didn't buy the item the coupon is for. One will just look like a mistake, but a handful of inapplicable coupons will mark you as a person trying to rip off the store.
No you can't use coupons for items you did not purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment