Sunday, April 25, 2010

What's the best way to shop with Coupons?

Sometimes i've heard of people who save A LOT of money on their grocery bills by shopping with coupons, in one trip. Usually when I do, I save like 2-3 dollars. That's not a lot. How do people save like $15-20? Where do they get all the coupons or how are they so darn thrifty? I even heard of a lady who had a buggie full of groceries (she was shopping for another family) and she paid like $6 for food worth over $100. How do people do that?What's the best way to shop with Coupons?
Well start by getting a Sunday circular... In it you will find LOTS of manufacturer coupons... I have a coupon organizer in it I have ALL my coupons sorted by type of food.. Bread/Cereal, Canned goods/Dry and I go through them every week and take out any old/expired...





I then when I'm home flip over products could be anything- from shampoo/garbage bags whatever... Call the 1-800 and talk to a customer service person and tell them what you like/don't like about their products.. You will either get money saving coupons OR free products..





For Example: We purchased at the wholesale store the GLAD FORCEFLEX garbage bags.. We had a BJ's coupon/manufacture's coupon so they were $3 LESS than the brand we normally buy... A friend recommended them.. Well I HATED them ! Finally, after another bag split down the side I called the 1-800# and spoke with a rep.. He apologized and said we may have had a ';faulty'; batch... I got $14 in coupons to try the product again.. I used the coupons and the bags have been GREAT ! I haven't had to buy garbage bags in about 6 months !





Also, sign-up on manufacturer websites like Proctor%26amp;Gamble, and other sites once signed up you will receive money saving coupons and *e-mail notifications of future savings... *Handy for shopping... If the item you purchase is on sale and you use a money-saving coupon...





Check out coupons.com, and sites that you can print coupons from you computer....





Look for rebates and money saving offers from companies... For example: my husband looks for rebates when we buy beer.. Miller-Lite had one around Christmas spend $75 on general merch/buy case of Miller-Lite and get back $35 !





*You can also find these rebates at local grocery stores/liquer stores.... .





We were at the Wholesale Club so we bought beer and other things we needed and got a check from Miller-Lite for $35 !





*Just be sure to keep a copy of ALL the info. sent/mark your calender when you sent the mail.... MOST rebate slips have a customer service line.. Keep that info in a safe place !





*Trade coupons with friends/family/neighbors it's fun and you can get MORE coupons !





*Look in grocery store ads OR online for specials/savings... Like BOGO and use TWO manufacter's coupons !








Look for freebies... I got a coupon for a FREE pack of POST-IT picture paper... The coupon was for $15 off !





I got a coupon from Joe's Crab Shack... $60 off your ENTIRE meal purchase excluding dessert/alcohol... ! We family of 4 dined for FREE !





Get an ENTERTAINMENT BOOK lots of money saving coupons





*I save an avg. of $100 a month using coupons.. Bj's wholesale has their own coupons that I combine with manufacture coupons to SAVE even more.. GREAT for baby items..





Good luckWhat's the best way to shop with Coupons?
We started getting Sunday Paper, that has a lot of coupons. The most we have saved is about $6, so I don't know how people save more. But Sunday paper is a start. Oh and having a good coupon organizer helps.
One of the best legal ways is to save your coupons until store has a sale on same item. Also many store have double and triple coupon days.





There are places where people buy coupons from one another but that is not legal. You might get together with some friends and exchange coupons. I don't eat sugar so I give friends coupons for all the sweetened items. Since I cook a lot they often give me spice coupons and gourmet items.

No comments:

Post a Comment